Work at Home

Do you want to live a more relaxed work life?

Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Key to Happiness

Remember when you were a kid and you were asked,
What do you want to be when you grow up?”
Maybe that childhood dream of yours was to become a rock star. Your childhood days were filled with visualizing and dreaming that this dream of yours was a reality. You got your handy dandy PlaySkool Karaoke microphone and toy guitar and put on the most amazing concert to your dog Fido and your baby sister. But, in your mind, you were performing in front of thousands of screaming fans on a huge stage and you were the big star.
Those childhood dreams and imaginations seemed to create the ultimate happiness. Inside your amazing childlike mind, you held the creative power to imagine the next amazing adventure, whether it was cowboys and Indians or dancing ballerinas.
You could be anything.
But, what if you did not have such a happy childhood? Maybe your childhood wasn’t filled with rainbows, birthday parties, good memories and fun times. Possibly you have memories of a broken home, abuse, pain and anger.
Does that mean you are destined to a life of unhappiness?
The answer is a resounding NO!
Your future prosperity and happiness begins with what you do right now, and no one else but YOU has the right to control the final outcome.
Think back to the first time you drove a car after getting your driver’s license. Something magical and exciting happened the day when you were handed the set of keys that had the power to control this amazing machine. In that moment, you may have believed those keys opened the door to your happiness. You could be free to drive without being restricted to mom and dad’s schedule. You felt pretty great.
For a little while anyway…
Isn’t it interesting that we often spend our lives waiting to be happy, rather than seizing each moment of our lives and making it what we want it to be? I think many of us are guilty of thinking the following:
When I get my driver’s license, THEN I’ll be happy.”
When I move away from home, THEN I’ll be happy.”
When I finish college, THEN I’ll be happy.”
When I get married, THEN I’ll be happy.”
When I have kids, THEN I’ll be happy.”
When I have money, THEN I’ll be happy.”
When I lose weight, THEN I’ll be happy.”
When my kids are grown and out of the house, THEN I’ll be happy.”
When I retire, THEN I’ll be happy.”
Why is it that we have to wait in anticipation for happiness to come, like it’s an event that happens when we reach certain milestones in our lives?
Now, there is undoubtedly some happiness that can occur from events that take place in our lives, but this is only a temporary satisfaction that is fleeting from one moment to the next.
If true happiness were that simple, then we wouldn’t be hearing so many tragic stories of suicide from celebrities that have achieved much more fame, fortune and accomplishment than the majority of us will ever experience in our lifetimes.

We believe that true happiness is achieved when the areas of Body, Mind, Prosperity and Relationships are all working in harmony together. Once you realize that you have full control over each of these aspects of your life, you are going to be able to accomplish things that you once thought impossible and you will truly hold your own keys to happiness.



No comments: