Work at Home

Do you want to live a more relaxed work life?

Thursday, March 13, 2014

A Parents Prayer for the Grace to Correct a Child

A Parents Prayer for the Grace to Correct a Child


Dear God, in giving me the great gift of being a parent,
You have also conferred on me the sacred and weighty responsibility
of patterning my charge on the model of your Divine Son.
May I not shirk my duty of correction,
and may I fulfil this duty according to Your holy will.
May I realise that in administering correction,
I am taking Your place, speaking for You.
May my corrections be such, as to be worthy of this trust.
May I never correct or punish my child while I am angry,
but learn to correct in a calm manner and
to administer punishment with a gentle firmness
born of tender love rather than with any excitement of passion.
May I learn to pray to You for light
before I give correction or punishment,
that such acts of mine may be according to Your holy will,
and in each case, bring my child closer to me
and both my child and myself closer to You.

Amen.

No comments: